Honda CB1100 Specs
New Honda CB1100 Release date _ Honda CB1100 is the motorbike at its most essential. A steel double cradle framework houses the 1,140 cc inline four-cylinder engine, with 41mm conventional telescopic forks and also paired rear shocks offering certified and also carefully tuned suspension. The riding placement is upright as well as loosened up, an ideal system from which to enjoy the world slide by.
Honda’s homage to itself was a success for 2013 with all those fans who still can not get sufficient of the original earth-shattering 1969 CB750, despite the fact that the bike picked up layout affects from a couple of more CBs as it rolled along Memory Street: 1100F-ish energy storage tank form, 400F-like right-side four-into-one water pipes … In any case, its design absolutely pushed a bunch of the best buttons for vintage Honda fanatics.
For 2016, Honda provides 2 versions of the bike, a typical and also a Deluxe. Both get a new six-speed gearbox as opposed to in 2016’s five-speed, and a new LCD instrument display screen with a clock, gear-position indication and an updated journey computer system.
The brand-new Deluxe variation has a four-into-two exhaust with double-wall chrome headers, integrated ABS brakes and an added half-gallon of fuel capability– likewise sweet red paint rather than standard black. Inspect that Deluxe box, and you’ll be checking out a price of $11,899. (That’s $139 greater than the way-modern CB1000R, a terrific bike CB1100 lovers love to hate whenever we risk to compare the two.
|Honda CB1100 Specifications|
|Type||Inline four-cylinder, air and oil cooled DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||73.5 x 67.2mm|
|Max. Power Output||66kW/7,500rpm (95/1/EC)|
|Max. Torque||93Nm/5,000rpm (95/1/EC)|
|Oil Capacity||4.9 litres|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||14.6 litres (including 3.5 litre reserve)|
|Fuel Consumption||18.5km/l (WMTC)|
|Battery Capacity||YTZ14S WET 12V-11.2Ah|
|Clutch Type||Multi-plate wet clutch|
|Transmission Type||6 speed|
|Type||Double steel cradle|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||2,195 x 835 x 1,130mm|
|Type Front||Front: 41mm conventional fork with adjustable spring preload|
|Type Rear||Rear: twin shocks, with adjustable spring preload|
|Type Front||Cast aluminium|
|Type Rear||Cast aluminium|
|Rim Size Front||Front: 18M/CxMT2.50|
|Rim Size Rear||Rear: 18M/CxMT4.00|
|Tyres Front||Front: 110/80-18|
|Tyres Rear||Rear: 140/70-18|
|ABS System Type||Two channel ABS|
|Type Front||Hydraulic double disk|
|Type Rear||Hydraulic disk|
|Instruments||Fuel gauge, instant fuel consumption, remaining range, clock, new gear position indicator|
- Classic Instrumentation: The chrome-rimmed speedometer and tachometer are both analog and very easy to check out. Just what could be much better than that? The brand-new CB1100 additionally provides a digital clock, odometer and an upgraded travel computer system for 2014.
- 41mm Front Fork: A conventional style, the 41mm front fork features springtime preload adjustability and also is plenty solid for flashy trips– in addition to the wide bar, it provides the CB1100 a light feel around town.
- Three-way Disc Brakes/Optional ABS: Absolutely nothing retro right here: the CB1100’s massive double front discs and solitary rear disc are pierced for lighter weight and less heat retention, and also offer smooth, foreseeable, effective quiting ability. The Deluxe model offers readily available ABDOMINAL.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: The CB1100’s four-into-one water pipes provides this bike a crisp noise, and also the chrome finish is a terrific highlight, as well.
- Sleek Aluminum Engine Covers: The polished aluminum tones on the CB1100 are more costly, but they are an instance of the quality, style and also detail that make the CB1100 an uniquely premium motorcycle.
- Set Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Improved cold-weather startups, no-drama high-altitude riding and also no choke are merely three advantages of PGM-FI.
- Larger Fuel source Storage tank (Deluxe Design): The CB1100 Deluxe has a 0.5-gallon larger gas storage tank compared to the typical model, allowing you to prolong the distance (as well as pleasure) in between gas quits.
- 1142cc Air-Cooled Engine: With an engine this size, you get power anywhere– enough to take place a perky street trip, an hour-long cruise ship or lug a traveler with ease.
- Comfy Using Position: Honda’s traditional inline-fours were very comfortable, and it coincides for the new CB1100. Trip it for 10 mins or two hours and you’ll see that it is just one of the easiest-to-live-with equipments in any class. For 2014, the Deluxe design builds a much longer, stitched-look saddle.
- Light weight aluminum Swingarm: Integrated with the CB1100’s steel-tube full-cradle twin-loop frame, the stout light weight aluminum swingarm becomes part of the CB1100’s excellent handling bundle.
- Twin-Shock Back Suspension: Easy to adjust and furnished with preload flexibility, the CB1100’s rear suspension proves that the traditional layout, done right, can still supply superb handling characteristics.
- Integrated Anti-Lock Braking System (C-ABS): Honda’s ABS system, available on the Deluxe version, provides additional self-confidence when stopping in less-than perfect conditions.
- Cast Wheels: Light as well as very easy to keep clean, the CB1100 wheels support the bike’s performance as well as handling, while acknowledging the ageless appearance of Honda’s timeless devices.
- Clean lines elegantly echo the past: The big round front lights (raised 25mm for 2014), scalloped fuel container and quashed engine, front fork and wheels build design and compound, while acquainted analogue dials, slim seat, side-swept 4-2-1 exhaust pipe and also chromed front and also back mudguards supply the finishing touches.
- One of the most important enhancement is a six-speed gearbox: enhancing energy economy and also making for more loosened up travelling. New instrumentation includes an equipment placement indicator, as well as fuel computer. Modified indications round out the updates.
If it’s the CB1100 you’re drawned to, we would in no chance attempt to deter you. The CB takes all the important things that made Honda, as well as rolls it right into a cohesive whole that appears to be greater than the sum of its really basic components: 83 horsepower is no longer earth-shattering, yet the CB provides its fuel-injected power so flawlessly and linearly, it seems like there’s consistently plenty– and also the brand-new six-speed box gets it to the drive chain more favorably and also exactly compared to the five-speed did. Honda did see fit to build one tooth to the back gear (now a 40). Incorporated with the brand-new gearbox’s somewhat overdriven 0.964 top-gear ratio as opposed to in 2014’s 1.111 top proportion, revoltions per minute at cruise have actually gone down a bit, however our bike still has a little buzziness in its rubber-mounted handlebar that starts around 75 mph.
There’s nothing revolutionary about the CB’s 41mm fork tubes or its preload-adjustable rear shocks, yet together with its thick seat and near-perfect comfort designs, the CB provides an excellent trip when you’re simply tooling about, together with great sporting performance when you need it– and also we’re in no chance indicating that original CB lovers are getting up there when we claim the CB’s as simple to pilot as a Hoveround scooter (though you possibly can not obtain your doctor to suggest you a Honda CB1100 and also have Medicaid pick up the tab). Clutch pull is light and modern, three-way disc brakes have excellent feeling and also inflection along with serious power when you need it!
For obtaining your full everyday dose of fond memories with zero of the problems that feature having an actual 40-year-old motorbike, the CB1100 will certainly confirm really hard to beat. Some are faster, some are tricker, several are much more unique– yet the CB is one-hundred percent real to its origins: probably bulletproof and also turn-key ready to go anywhere whenever you are, much like you were in 1969. Now with the invaluable upgrade of 46 years of encounter.